The great folks at LoJack released their second annual Vehicle Theft Recovery Report for 2010. If you compare this list with a list from the late 90’s, it seems that there’s something about those vehicles that make people want to go to jail for grand theft auto or to recreate the 2010 version of New Jersey Drive.
Here’s the list…
10. Chevrolet Tahoe (Down 3 spots from last year)
9. Nissan Maxima (New entry)
8. Nissan Altima (Tied with last year)
7. Dodge Ram (New entry)
6. Toyota Corolla (Tied with last year)
5. Cadillac Escalade (Tied with last year)
4. Acura Integra (Tied with last year)
3. Toyota Camry (Tied with last year)
2. Honda Civic (Down one spot from last year)
1. Honda Accord (Moved up one spot from last year)
Is it me or are most of these cars built on the same platform? Number 10 and number 5 are practically the same SUV, 8 and 9, 6 and 3, and 2 and 1 are siblings to each other. Which leaves 7 and 4 which are totally different than the others.
P.S. If you own any of these vehicles, it sucks to be you.