Chevrolet has announced a new special edition 2012 Camaro to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the iconic muscle car. The exterior signature of this 45th Anniversary Special Edition is its unique rally stripe, in red and silver, that contrasts the Carbon Flash Metallic paint. The package also includes:
- Unique 45th Anniversary hood and deck stripes; badges located beneath the front fender emblems
- New-design 20-inch wheels in dark silver
- Fog lamp and taillamp bezels finished in dark silver
- RS-style taillamp lenses
- Standard rear spoiler and HID headlamps
- Body-color roof molding
- Jet Black interior with leather-trimmed seats featuring the 45th Anniversary logo
- White instrument panel and door trim inserts with the 45th Anniversary logo on the instrument panel
- Red, white and blue stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob/boot, door armrests and console lid
- 45th Anniversary logo on the steering wheel and sill plates.
GM has plans to up power in the 3.6-liter V6 to 323 horsepower placing it well ahead of the Mustang V6’s 305-horsepower figure (but not the Mustang 5.0 I
burned rubber in test drove). A new FE4 suspension package for the SS Coupe will be introduced as well featuring re-tuned dampers, a solid 23-mm stabilizer bar in the front and 24-mm bar in the rear.